Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oktoberfest!

We left for Munich at 6:45 last Friday. To ease in to a day of heavy drinking we bought a 6 pack of Beck's and cracked our first beers on the train at 8 AM. Gotta love it.

This was the tent where we had reservations and spent most of our time. And money.

The beer was all Spaten and it came in wonderfully huge glass mugs. The barmaids would carry about 10 at a time. I don't know how they did it, but we tipped them well.


I love how cluelessly happy I look in this picture. I clearly had no idea that I was about to take a beer shower. Seabass was the culprit of this photo. His excessive "Prost!" culminated in most of that beer finding my lap and shirt. Oh well. Everyone smelled like beer and cigarettes anyway.
From here on out there aren't really any pictures. Needless to say it was a day of reckless partying and cheering. The environment was just incredible. Everyone was so happy, so friendly. I will certainly go back some day.





No comments: